Makes 12 cupcakes.
• ¼ cup Lotus Organic Buckwheat Flour
• ¼ cup Lotus Organic Brown Rice Syrup
• ½ cup Lotus Almond Meal
• ¾ teaspoon Lotus Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
• ¼ teaspoon Lotus Fine Sea Salt
• 1/3 cup Lotus Organic Rapadura Sugar
• 1 ½ teaspoons Lotus Bicarb Soda (Aluminium free)
• ¼ cup Global Organics Raw Cold Pressed Coconut Oil, melted
• ½ cup Real Good Food Organic Cacao Powder
• ½ cup Australia's Own Almond Milk
• 3 medium beetroots
• 2 organic eggs
• ¾ cup gluten free flour
Individually wrap 3 medium sized beetroots in foil and roast in oven at 180C for approximately 20 minutes, or until knife can slide easily into the skin. Set aside and allow to cool.
In a bowl, combine almond milk, apple cider vinegar and bicarb soda. The mixture will sizzle and froth, however, this is normal. Whisk all liquids into the milk and apple cider vinegar
mixture and set aside.
In a food processor, blend beetroots and add to the liquid mixture.
Combine all dry ingredients mix well. Add liquid ingredients into the dry mixture, stir until combined.
Spoon mixture into cupcake shells and place in a muffin tray.
Bake on 180C for 25-30 minutes.
Serve warm, cool or frozen with your favourite frosting.