Coconut rice pudding
• ½ cup Lotus Organic Sushi Rice
• ¼ tsp Lotus Fine Himalayan Salt
• 1 x 400g Global Organics Coconut Milk
• ¼ cup Lotus Organic Brown Rice Syrup
• ½ teaspoon vanilla powder
• ½ cup water
• 1 ½ cup Lotus Organic Rapadura Sugar
• 1 teaspoon Gourmet Organic Herb Ground Cinnamon
• 1 teaspoon Gourmet Organic Herb Ground Nutmeg
• 2 beurre bosc pears
• 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
In a medium-sized pot, bring water to the boil, then add rice. On medium heat, stir the rice until the water has evaporated. Add salt and vanilla powder, then slowly pour the coconut milk, ½ a cup at a time. Wait till the mixture thickens, then add the rice syrup.
Place 2 cups of cold water and the rest of the ingredients into a pot, bring the water to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Add pears and cook for 20 minutes or until pears are tender. Turn pears occasionally. Take the pears out of the pot, then bring the sauce back to a medium heat for another 10 minutes or until it reduces.
Serve the poached pears warm on top of the coconut rice pudding.