• 2 teaspoons Lotus Cornflour
• 1 teaspoon Lotus Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
• 1 cup Lotus Organic Demerara Sugar
• 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
• 3 organic egg whites
• Whipped cream and summer fruit of your choice to garnish
Preheat oven to 120ºC.
Line a springform round cake tin or tray.
Using an electric mixer, whisk egg whites and vinegar for 5 minutes or until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar and whisk until the mixture is thick and firm. Add cornflour and vanilla, then whisk to combine.
Pour mixture into a lined cake tin or tray and place in the oven for 1½ hours or until firm to touch. Turn the oven off and leave to cool inside the oven. Once cool, remove from the cake pan or tray and decorate with whipped cream, sliced banana, kiwi and passionfruit pulp for a traditional Pavlova or try figs, mint and orange zest for a summer-inspired Pavlova.
For more festive recipes, read the latest Kadac In Health.