Gluten free - Dairy free - Vegan friendly
- 2 x 400g Global Organics Chopped Tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Global Organics Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Global Organics Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Lotus Fine Himalayan Salt
- 1 teaspoon Gourmet Organic Herb Garlic Granules
- 1 teaspoon Gourmet Organic Herb Ground Coriander
- ¼ teaspoon Gourmet Organic Cracked Black Pepper
- 500g Okra
- 1 large bitter melon, cut in half
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 vegetable stock cubes
- 1 cup fresh coriander, chopped
To prepare bitter melon, remove the inside with a spoon, slice and place into hot, salty water. Meanwhile, take a look at ‘How to prepare okra’ below and follow by slicing into halves.
Combine vinegar, stock, salt, garlic and pepper, with a tablespoon of hot water and mix well.
In a pan, caramelise the onion, then add tomatoes and bring to the boil. Add okra and bitter melon, then reduce the heat to a simmer. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Put a lid on and cook for 20 minutes.
Serve with fresh coriander.
How to prepare okra:
Trim the stem off the okra without cutting the pod (body of the okra).
Under running water, rub the pod gently using a fine nylon scourer, paper towel or vegetable brush and pat dry or leave to air dry. This step is necessary to ensure a smooth skin.