- 3 cups all-purpose gluten free flour*
- 1 teaspoon Lotus Sea Salt Fine
- 160g organic butter, chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 2 spring onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons organic butter
- 1 cup milk, of choice
- 2 cups mozzarella
- 1 egg, lightly whisk for brushing the pastry
- 2 tablespoons all- purpose gluten free flour*
- 1 can sweet corn
- Global Organics Tomato Sauce (Ketchup)
Preheat oven to 180oC.
Combine all pastry ingredients together in a food processor and mix until it forms a dough consistency. Divide pastry in two and wrap in glad wrap and place into the fridge for 30 minutes.
Heat butter in a medium-sized saucepan and add flour then whisk for 1 minute. Slowly pour milk while whisking, then add mozzarella, corn and spring onions. Let it cool for 10 minutes.
Roll pastry to 0.3cm on 2 baking sheets. Cut circles out of the pastry using a 15cm round pastry cutter. Brush edges of each circle with egg, add a spoonful of filling to each piece. Fold one half of the pastry over and seal by pinching the edges with your fingers. Continue this for each circle until you have 8 empanadas. Brush the pastries with remaining egg.
Pierce each pastry with a fork, then bake for 20 minutes. Serve with tomato sauce.