- 1 free range or organic turkey
- Herb butter
- 100g butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage or tarragon
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1kg diced organic pumpkin
- 2 tablespoon Lotus Sunflower Oil or Bragg Organic Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Lotus Fine Sea Salt
- ½ loaf sourdough or 1 loaf gluten free bread
- 2 free range or organic eggs
- ½ cup Real Good Food Tamari Seed Mix
- 1/4 Lotus Organic Australian Honey
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 1/4 cup thyme leaves or sage
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
Combine the ingredients for the herb butter, except the lemon juice and set aside. Toss the diced pumpkin with the oil and sea salt. Roast
in the oven for 20 minutes or until just cooked through.
Take the crusts off the bread and dice into 1cm cubes. Chop the herbs and whisk the eggs.
Combine the pumpkin with the rest of the stuffing ingredients and mix well. Stuff into your turkey and tie its legs. Leftover stuffing can be wrapped in foil and baked in the dish with the turkey.
Spread the herb butter under the skin of the turkey and rub over it.
Drizzle with the lemon juice and sprinkle with a little extra salt and cook as per the directions on the turkeys packaging, depending on its weight. Place the turkey breast side down for ⅔ of the time then turn over to cook breast side up for the last ⅓. This will yield juicier breasts.